Monday, November 7, 2011

Government at Work?

As part of studying Social Studies I'm learning how Government works. My Uncle Landis and Aunt Carrie like to go to the Cowlitz County Democrats Central Committee meetings each month.  My mom usually goes with them.  She says it's fun to see Landis and Carrie, and to see how the government works.

I'm excited, because mom says I can go to this meeting.  I can't wait to see where it is, and see how the government is set up.  I'm hoping that the talking tonight is going to be really interesting.   I think I'm going to hear about the election tomorrow.  I hope I get hear about how everything is going in the Judicial Branch in the government and maybe state congress. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about these traffic cameras.  I bet they're going to put cameras on the Nutty Narrows Bridge before too long.  I think they should work on making Longview a better and safer place for bicyclists.

2 comments:

Aunt Arch said...

Identifying the lawbreakers on the Nutty Narrows Bridge from their pictures would be difficult. They would need to put a motion triggered trap on the other end.

I agree with your sentiments on bicycling.

You will have to report back about what the meeting is like.

Jonathan said...

What if we put nuts in a box there Arch. We could count them and see who took more nuts. Also it would be great to have the cameras there. Then you'd get all sorts of wonderful action shots of the cute squirrels.