Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Favorite Marketplaces

We are studying economics in Social Studies.  Today I am learning about markets and what they do for my community.  I named three interesting markets that I like and what I like about them.

My favorite marketplace in Longview is Bob's Sporting Goods.  I like to look at their guns, fishing gear, and Boy/Cub Scouts uniforms.  I especially like the taxidermied animals displayed there.  I also like their archery equipment and camping gear.

The next marketplace I enjoy is Target.  I like their Nerf Guns and their cheap DVDs.  They have a good Hot Wheels selection.  They have good clothing for boys and I like to play on their video game testers.  I also enjoy looking at their music section.

The last place we talked about is Your Marketplace.  It was a grocery store that closed last month.  Some of my favorite things to get from there were seafood, Brach's Butterscotch disks, Hot Pockets, Tiki Punch and Heavenly Doughnuts.  My dad really liked their meat department because they actually knew how to butcher.  I am very disappointed that they are closed.

No comments: