Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Library

So we get to have library time every week at my school.  This last week I checked out two books.  They make you check out one fiction and one non-fiction.  I don't really care about the fiction book I checked out.  I just really wanted to check out "THE ULTIMATE CROSS-SECTION BOOK".  It's AWESOME it has pictures of all sorts of vehicles like old cars and trains and stuff.  My favorite section is the one on TANKS.  I recognize a lot of the tanks in this section from specials I've watched about tanks on TV.  My favorite Tank is the M1 ABRAMS.   I think it would be amazing to get to ride in one, especially if they could blow something up with the gun.

What was your favorite book in 4th grade and why was it so awesome.

2 comments:

Diane Zemke said...

Hi,

We have "The Incredible Cross-section Book" by Biesty. You probably remember looking at it.

My favorite book in 3rd and 4th grade was "A Wrinkle in Time" by L'Engle. I read it a lot. It was a great fantasy book. Great characters and great plot. It won the Newberry award for children's books.

You might like science fiction books for your fiction book. I think they're more interesting than a lot of other books.

You also might ask Aunt Anna about some good books to read since she has read nearly all the Newberry books as well as a lot of science fiction.

I would recommend "The Gammage Cup" since you are such a good reader. It would give you lots to think about...

Aunt Arch said...

Hi Jon,

My favorite books were
1. From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler
2. A LIttle Princess
3. My Side of the Mountain

I also think I started reading Star Trek novels around 4th grade (I know I was reading them in 5th grade). There are so many different types of fiction, I would recommend trying different genres. You might find one that you like. My favorites are fantasy and science fiction. I don't like most Westerns or mysteries. Historical fiction is fun if it is well written.

Archy