Friday, September 14, 2012

I'm Back!


I have decided to get back to blogging.  I'm no longer being homeschooled, I am going to Northlake Elementary here in Longview.  We are the eagles.  I am taking several different things this year.  PE, Chinese, Music, Library, Science, Spelling, Writer's Workshop, Math and some others.  My new teacher is Mrs. Wilson and my room number is 2.

I am really excited to go back to public school.  I love their PE.  I get to make a whole bunch of friends from my neighborhood.  For PE, we've been playing a whole bunch of "Squad" tag games.  For example, Tunnel, where there are four people who are "it" and there are four bases.  You can only be on one base for ten seconds. Also, the people who tag aren't supposed to puppy guard the base.  But sometimes they do anyways.

Next week my Chinese teacher told me that I could have two minutes to introduce the Great Wall of China to the kids in my class.  Right now I'm going to go do some research so I'll be very prepared for the lesson.  I am very excited!

Welcome back to my blog, and thank you for reading it!

4 comments:

Diane Zemke said...

Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad you're blogging again. I have really missed your blog.

I think learning Chinese is really important. Knowing even a little about China will be really important in the future.

I also think your PE class is great. I wish I had been able to play games like that in PE.

I'm happy you're excited to be back at public school.

Old Guy said...

Jonathan,

Did you know that great uncle Fred has been learning Chinese by watching Chinese movies? He watches once with the English sub-titles on and then a second time with the titles turned off.

Old Guy.

Jonathan said...

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa I can always count on you to have good comments.

Grandma how does Chinese help me later in life?

Aunt Arch said...

We usually played games that sucked in PE (like volleyball and softball). However there were three that were a lot of fun.
1. Wolf and deer: this was basically tag that was played only when the snow was really deep. We played this in 3rd grade. You had to stomp out deer trails in the deep snow and then we chased each other through them.

2. Parachute: They brought in an old parachute and we stood around the edges and shook it up in the air while people got to run underneath.

3. Scooters: These were small pieces of wood with casters underneath. You would sit on the wood and someone would push you by the shoulders around the track. In retrospect, that was probably not the safest game. Once in 7th grade, the power went out and we got to do this in the mostly dark gynmasium for PE.

Archy