Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mulan

In Reading we read the Ballad of Mulan. I think it's an excellent story.  I've also seen the Disney movie, which is almost nothing like the story we read in our book.  I'm not sure which one is true.  I think the story is more true than the movie.  The movie has her training. The story has her in combat.  I think it's important to hear the Ballad of these Chinese stories because they're the History of China.  I have posted about John Paul Jones, he's an American Historical figure like Mulan is too China.  I think the whole point of teaching 3rd graders this is so they learn good history and understand how important it is.

2 comments:

Diane Zemke said...

Usually the book is more accurate than the movie. Directors cut scenes out they think are not dramatic or add characters for some reason.

Jonathan said...

That's kind of what I think as well. My favorite thing about watching movies is the deleted scenes. There's lots of fun stuff that gets cut out.